Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Top 10 of the Decade Thus Far

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
The Postal Service - Give Up
McLusky - Do Dallas
Radiohead - Kid A
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
System of a Down - Toxicity
M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts
Deceased - Supernatural Addiction & As the Weird Travel On (I couldn't decide)
Saul Williams - Amethyst Rockstar
Iron Maiden - Brave New World

This was really hard to narrow down to ten (eleven), but I think this is pretty much it. No particular order. The last album not to make the cut: Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape.

Anyways, if you haven't checked all of these out, you should.

(note: I omitted Love - The Forever Changes Concert and Brian Wilson - SMiLE because it's a bit of a technicality that they were released this decade.) Also note that Iron Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death hasn't completely sunk in yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger bub said...

For the record: I have never heard that Flaming Lips album or Queensryche Operation:Mindcrime 2. I like American Idiot, but "given my tastes," I didn't expect to like it. Finally, I appreciate the shout out to DMX. Not all rappers are bold enough to bark on their albums.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home