Thursday, November 30, 2006

whoa

Things that have happened to me recently:
  • I had a discussion with someone who had neither seen nor heard of Point Break. Even when I declared " I AM AN F-B-I AGENT!" it didn't ring a bell.
  • I finished stopped working on and turned in my last turbo microeconomics problem set. This was the hardest problem set and the most work I did for the class since the midterm. I easily put in over 15 hours on it. Our solution to problem 1 took seven pages to write up.
  • I disagreed with a bona fide genius over whether or not there is diminishing marginal utility on income. He gave me two counterexamples, but I don't find either directly applicable to the question. This has big implications. Diminishing marginal utility on income has always been the way I've thought about justifying a progressive tax structure. If they exist, than a progressive tax structure more accurately taxes an equal amount of utility on each taxpayer. This would be equitable. A flat tax only does so if we can measure utility in dollar amount, which I have a strong inclination to not want to do. If nothing else, I believe the proportion of goods that we consume that are necessities implies diminishing marginal returns on income. I'm not giving this one up easily.
  • I watched two Catherine Mary Stewart movies in one day, shattering my previous personal record of one.
  • I recorded a version of me playing guitar and singing "Hurt" by NIN. It's like a cross between the NIN version and the Johnny Cash versions with no production value and bad vocals.
  • I discovered there is a Medeival Times in Schaumberg!
  • I spent about twenty minutes constructing a logo that is essentially an economics joke. I have spent more time showing it to people and watching them give me horrific looks for my nerditude.
  • I caught a bit of Metallica's Some Kind of Monster and still think they suck and sold out.
  • I may or may not be going to Northern California in 2 weeks.
  • I discovered that "Lebonese" food is actually the same as "Middle Eastern" food. Kabobs, Schwarma, grape leaves, and baklava included.
  • I got my classes for next quarter...although I still need to pick one up and recently put in a bid for *gasp* a Friday 8:30 AM course. On Investments no less.
  • I have lost faith in the G-Men.
  • I took a stroll throught the Lincoln Park Zoo, seeing lions, tigers, monkeys, llamas, and a rhinoceros. Awesome.
  • I was told it's snowing 6-10 inches today starting at 3 PM. damn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home