Friday, April 20, 2007

Arbitrage!

Yesterday I spent 12 hours at the Gleacher Center doing work.

Highlights included:

  • Watching a guy run into the bathroom at one point and vomit in the sink. Not exactly what you expect at an executive business school building
  • Checking the score on the Yankees game. How ridiculous. For those who don't know, the Yankees were down 6-2 with 2 outs in the 9th before they rallied, culminating in a 3 run A-Rod homer to put them ahead 8-6. Fantastic.
  • I bought a T-Shirt from the bookstore.
  • I called Sports Authority to ask how many people worked in a typical store. This was after I called my friend Singer, who gave me the layman's answer (uhhh....there's a security guy working the door, a few jackass kids working in the sneaker department, some hotties behind the register, a hick or two in fishing and camping, etc.)
  • I bought two individual Twix bars for 50 cents each...the double pack was being sold for $1.25. Of all the places in the world where I think it's a bad idea to have reverse economies of scale, I would have to put the GSB right near the top. People here try to arbitrage everything from bonds to gold bullion. The Twix has no chance.
  • I walked home. It's like two and a half miles, but I couldn't catch a 151 bus for the life of me yesterday, and by the time I switched over to Clark Street trying to catch a 22, I was most of the way there already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home