Sunday, April 09, 2006

Random thoughts

thoughts:
  • I was thinking earlier (a great opening phrase given the subject line of this post and intro before the colon), as I discussed with my roommate the relative merits of D.E.B.S., what a graph of my probability of liking a movie vs. how good it is would look like. Essentially, if a movie is very bad, there's a much greater chance of my liking it than if it is just so-so. I wonder if most people's probability of liking a movie monotonically increases with the quality of the movie. What a bizarre thought.
  • This weekend I was logged onto ticketmaster with tickets to the Dave Matthews Band show in Fenway Park this summer ready to be bought, when I decided that I just wasn't interested. Sure, those tickets would be easy to sell, but I don't wanna shell out $150 for the hassle. By not going, I avoid having to hear him butcher "All Along the Watchtower" or "Long Black Veil."
  • I also failed to get Zappa Plays Zappa tickets, which apparently didn't go on sale this Saturday morning, as all I could get was balcony seats. I have to see that show, so I'll have to deal with scalpers. Likewise, Poison the Well descends upon the city tomorrow night. It's funny what a slight misspelling like "Posion" can do on the world wide web.
  • I lost $40 playing poker today even though I was up over $15 and was playing $0.10/$0.20 NL with a $20 buy in (rebuys upon bust only). I definitely lost about $50 in an hour, which sucks in the game we play, since nobody has ever lost more than $60 over like 5 hours. It was surely the worst hour of poker anyone had seen at our regular game. To put a cherry on top of my misery, within a five minute span, I won two pots of 40 or 50 cents each, which folded to me when I raised 20 cents on my quad 3's and trip 6's. It was just one of those days.
  • I also paid over $80 Thursday night to eat fast food, after you take into account the parking ticket I got securing said fast food. Watch out for the patch on Dartmouth Street right in front of b.good, they'll get you, even if you're only inside for the time it takes to grill a delicious burger and cover it in garlicky greens.
  • The combination of parking ticket and poker losses disaudes me from shelling out $13 for D.E.B.S. I think $8-$9 might do the trick. Work with me, Newbury Comics!
  • Dios mio, los Yanquis! Tienen que ganar mas partidos! Pronto! At least Posada showed up to play today. 3/4 with 2 HRs.
  • If anyone knows anything about the Anderson-Darling goodness of fit test, any help would be appreciated. Didn't think so.
  • It looks like I'll be out of town or moving for about every weekend for the next month. Sometime in that span, I have to craft my letter to UChicago telling them what a standup guy I am, and what an asset I would be to their b-school community. Whether or not I use the line, "Through the admissions process, the University of Chicago GSB has skyrocketed to #1 on my list of schools," is still to be seen. I genuinely was always impressed with the school, regardless of my options (or lack thereof) otherwise.
np: Kanye West - Touch the Sky, Jurassic 5 - What's Golden, Jay-Z - Big Pimpin, Outkast - Spottieobiedobalicious, Afike Bambata - Planet Rock, Cream - Sunshine of Your Love,
McClusky - Collagen Rock, Venom - Black Metal, Chiodos - All Nereids Beware

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home