Tuesday, December 05, 2006

One Down

Finished my Financial Accounting exam today and had the opportunity to immediately go upstairs and sell the solutions manual to the text for cold hard cash. Mind you, I had the solutions manual for the 12th (recent) edition, while my textbook is the 9th edition (which I bought in Fall 2000 for a class I took as an undergrad). Interestingly enough, a lot concerning the accounting behind options expensing and goodwill amortization has changed since 2000, but hopefully it didn't trip me up too much having the old text.

Anyhow, I say to the guy "How much for this here solutions manual?"

He says "$19.75"

I say "How about I give you a quarter and you give me a twenty."

He says "Fine."

I then explain "You see I took financial accounting. I can now handle complex transactions like this."

This went much more smoothly than when I went to the drycleaners yesterday and had to give the same lady my phone number three times, my last name three times, and my first name twice. That reminded me of the time I was at a U-Haul and the guy behind the counter asked for my driver's license, took a good look at it, and then asked me how to spell my last name cause he needed to enter it into the computer system.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't blame the U-Haul guy. The letters l, c, and z should never be arranged together, it's just not natural.

-vik

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home