Saturday, April 29, 2006

Il Purgatorio

So phase 1 of my move happened today. (Phase 3 is "Profit" of course). I once again find myself across the street from a Pizzeria Uno, but I'm now on the other side of the Charles River, far far away from Fenway Park and the 81 times a year it attracts suburbanite slime looking to get drunk and act like they own the place. But I digress...back to "Pizza 1." Being that I'll only be at the current digs 3-4 months, I'm putting the over/under of total visits at 1, including drinking-only visits (I considered 1.5, but 1 is the right answer here). The over/under on Anna's and Boca Grande Taqueria visits are off the board. I tried the Al Pastor burrito at Anna's today...delicious!

Anyhow I'm subletting a room in a house from a friend of a friend for the summer while she is in Tanzania. She called me twice today from Tanzania, once to tell me the all-important "Oh yeah, I left some hangers in the room if you need them."

Moving today was pretty bad, but not nearly as excruciating as my 24+ hr move two years ago (interrupted only by a spectacular viewing of Groundhog Day, and a few coffee runs). It reminded me that I really hope to be coordinating a move to Chicago at the end of the summer, and not another place in the Boston area.

Big ups to Tommy for helping out today. I woulda been up Shit's Creek without a paddle (or with a turd for a paddle if you dig Ween) without him.

Also, a thank you to Buchwild, who has agreed to store my mattress boxspring at his place for the summer, as it didn't fit in either the room I'm renting, or this place's basement.

I set up my computer here before I bothered trying to put sheets on the bed. That's just the way I roll.

BTW, the wireless network my roommates have setup here is called linksys, and it is unsecured. My computer found it immediately, and hopped right on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home