Friday, May 19, 2006

Guess She Won't Need Him, Guess She Won't Feed Him When He's 64

Sir Paul, you'd be better off listening to Kanye West: If you ain't no punk holler "We want prenup! We want prenup!"

Also on the topic of lack of love, I have been shown about the minimal amount of love possible from the University of Chicago without their downright rejecting me. After Round 3 decisions came out, they've informed me that I am still on their waitlist, which is now accepting people on a rolling basis (although those accepted in Round 3 have until June 8th to submit their deposits to secure a seat). There's at least 30 of us still on the waitlist (my guess is somewhere between 40-70). Here's an unranked list of the people who admitted being on the waitlist on the Chicago GSB's message board:
  1. MD13 - international
  2. GST3
  3. round2
  4. Harsha - international
  5. ord2
  6. mba08
  7. NehaGargi - international
  8. barijee
  9. mpy
  10. ObiKenobi
  11. xipo - international
  12. MBA33
  13. mba_2008
  14. puma- international
  15. blackbird_kj - international
  16. Basketball - international
  17. JCS - international
  18. hopefulgsb
  19. Keka
  20. HydPrkRanger
  21. Enigma
  22. PJHoo
  23. aquaguy.
  24. orangeMBA
  25. YANCC
  26. TNK
  27. aks_gupta
  28. Akash
  29. bub
All in all, I think my chances are pretty slim at this point. Being that only 550 or so kids are in each incoming class at Chicago, it would seem that only people of similar background as myself opting out of their Chicago acceptance would lead to my getting in. So if you're a white male engineer that got accepted at Chicago, consider deferring for a year, or going someplace else. It does get cold in Chicago :)

As far as silver linings go, the night before I found out I was still on the waitlist (after a day of not receiving a call from the admissions office while I knew such calls were going out) was some of the best sleep I've gotten in a long, long time. Not getting into school would also allow me to be much better off financially if and when I ever decide to go (and get in).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home