Friday, May 12, 2006

Pants-Off Dance-Off

While home last weekend, I got the rare opportunity of being in control of the remote (usually in my family, this requires a great amount of hardship) for a short while. What did I put on? VH-1 Classic, of course! However, even though VH-1 Classic is saluting metal all month, they were showing a live performance by Heart. I love Barracuda as much as the next guy (maybe even more), but I wasn't about to watch the entire live set.

I wondered what else was on. Flipping the channel up to Fuse I found the ridiculousness that is Pants-Off Dance-Off. I'd like to tell you that occasionally there are hot wimmens dancing and de-pantsing, but no. It is strictly for nasty women and overly gay men. It certainly made me laugh for quite some time, not for what it was, but rather that it was. The people at fuse are strange indeed. I think it is the duty of every twentysomething out there to gauge the reaction of their parents to pants-off dance-off. This is not the programming they've grown accustomed to.

Other notable things about my Florida trip:
  • I missed my flight out there on Friday morning, only to fly standby later and be given exit row seating. AirTran has no clue about customer service: I felt pretty guilty...until they sat the 6'4", 320 guy next to me for the first leg to Philly. This guy must love some wiz wit.
  • Missing said flight shortened my stay in Florida to about 60 hours total.
  • It certainly broke 90 degrees in Florida. After all, it's May.
  • If a man is going to drink on Friday night, and then play basketball Saturday morning, he should drink some water first! Especially if he is sadly out of shape or has not studied his Agrippa...which I haven't.
  • My sister done gragiated law school. I'm very proud, but know too many lawyers. This also means that I watched Sam Miller graduate law school.
  • Few things are as satisfying as sucking out quad aces to beat Weisberg's full house and then spending the rest of the tournament (which I won) reminding him that he's a good full-time dealer and that "I can't catch any cards tonight!"
  • Weisberg and Bup go to Goob's enough that the bartender there knows to pour a pitcher of Bud Light upon their arrival.
  • I was called a "petite sophisticate" in what I can only imagine was a complete abuse of both terms. I still can't figure this one out.
  • I tried venison for the first time. Tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home