Friday, December 22, 2006

All the Stuff (And More)

It's blog catchup time!
  • VC Trek/WestQuest - 5 days in Sunnyvale. 0 days of sunshine. 1 alumni mixer in Palo Alto. 3 trips into San Francisco. 10 VC firms: CMEA, Granite, Globespan, Azure, Opus, Blue Run, DFJ, KPCB, TCV, Rustic Canyon. 3 companies: Intel, Cisco, Apple. Met a lot of impressive people, got a lot of great information, found out the A's were leaving Oakland to move into Cisco Stadium in the East/South Bay. Shocking! I also had an incredibly "small world" experience when one of the VCs turned out to be my old roommate's boss's brother. I missed out on seeing Google, Bain San Francisco , Electronic Arts, NVidia, and salesforce.com, but oh well, visiting all those VCs was well worth it. A summary of their advice: Those who were GSB grads were encouraging, those who weren't were realistic. VC's provide services, they're not blind investors. If you want to excel in VC, you need to provide something that's worth it to the entrepreneur. Some of the VCs were even humble enough to point out that they weren't necessarily yet qualified to do this. There are a lot of really cool companies being started right now. It was a lot to think over. Even more fun than Bank Week indeed.
  • It's not fun to have a middle seat on a packed redeye from San Jose to Atlanta with a crying baby nearby, a drunk lady chatting everyone up in front of you, and Snorey McSnoresloudly in the seat next to her. subpoint: the San Jose Delta terminal suX0r.
  • South Florida is a cesspool. People are genuinely miserable down here. I think it's the weather. See, I went to the mall yesterday. Also, if you enjoy being cutoff by pickups and/or luxury imported SUVs going 95 mph on the highway, South Florida is the place for you!
  • I went to the Panthers/Rangers game last night, and the Panthers came back from being down 0-2 in the 3rd to win 3-2. I don't think I've ever seen the Panthers come from behind before. Ed Belfour was in the net. Yes, he's still alive.
  • I want to see the Departed, that CIA movie, and the Pick of Destiny, and a few others, but I think I will actually see Rocky Balboa first, because I am a lemming.
  • I've watched BeerFest twice since being home in Florida. And it keeps getting better...every time I see it.
  • My niece is the cutest niece in the whole world. I have irrefutable proof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home