Sunday, December 31, 2006

What are Jason Forrest's 36 favorite punk songs?

On Jason Forrest's last album, he had a song called "My 36 Favorite Punk Rock Songs," which is a mashup of his favorite 36 punk songs (ironic, huh?)

Let's see how many of them we can identify.

The track can be played (or downloaded) here

(the above link is setup so that the origin of the link is anonymous...don't freak out if what you initially see starts changing. There are no popups and nothing bad will happen by clicking on it)

I'll start by taking the ones I already know (which are probably the easiest):

Bad Religion - Stranger than Fiction
The Clash - London Calling
The Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker
The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Minor Threat - In My Eyes
Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi
The Misfits - Die Die My Darling

and maybe

Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk to Fuck,

but I'm not positive on that one

That's 7 (or 8) down. 29 (or 28) to go.

Whaddya got?

As a sidenote, I think this is my hundredth post. A blog milestone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex Pistols - Holiday in the Sun at 0:35

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's also California Uber Alles (DK), Revenge and Gimme Gimme Gimme (Black Flag).

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jet Boy Jet Girl by Elton Motello
Die Die My Darling - Misfits

Conflict is certainly in there, I think the song by them is "Serenade is Dead"

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home